Mozilla and Geeksphone developed the first smartphone that runs on Firefox OS, the mobile operating system built on open web standards. This is not the final version of the device, but rather a developer preview version, created by Spanish hardware manufacturer Geekspone in partnership with Telefonica. HTML5 will be present more and more in our smartphones, and Firefox OS features HTML5 apps that can make your phone vibrate, initiate a call or send a text message.
On January 26, Mozilla will organize “Firefox OS App Days“, an event that will take place all over the world, in 26 popular locations, and they will try to capture the interest of app developers regarding this project. Good strategy, right? I love the general concept of the phone, I’m a big fan of Firefox, so I will probably look after this device when it’s released.
- a 3.5-inch multitouch screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 chip clocket at a frequency of 1 GHz
- 512 MB RAM
- 4 GB storage space
- microSD slot
- a battery with capacity of 1580 mAh.
- WiFi n, light and proximity sensors, G-Sensor, GPS and MicroUSB
Check my post on the most popular firefox add-ons
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Follow us on Facebook
- Ultimate Rubberband Gun
- Cool Digital Sketch Pen
- Cool Back To The Future USB Hard Drive
- Yellow Shoes with iPhone Holster
- Lamborghini Egoista Concept Design
- Internet World Map
- The e-Ink solar tablet is perfect for wild life
- Adobe elevates digital drawing to a new level with Mighty Pen and Napoleon Ruler
- The first Tizen smartphones surfaced
- ASUS WL-330 NUL is a damn small router