Neptune Pine: the autonomus Android smartwatch
Ever since the rumor about Apple smartwatch surfaced, everyone got crazy about these gadgets. The problem with these devices is that so far, they only serve as a complementary tools to smartphones. A company called Neptune from Montreal decided to rethink problem with Pine, a fresh smart watch that’s all in one: a cool gadget, a smartphone, a time keeper and an exquisite fashion item.
Since Pine has all these functions, you can’t really expect to be a small watch, because it’s not. But it has the merit of being an independent terminal capable of operating alone, without a smartphone. All you have to do is insert a micro Sim in it and you’re ready to have an exquisite smartphone right there, on your wrist. It’s massive 2.4-inch screen allows you to write mails, to access various apps and to make phone calls.
Neptune Pine Features:
- 2.4 inch display with a resolution of 320×240 pixels
- GSM/HMTS/HSPA+ technology
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.2 GHz Bi-coeur ARM Cortex-A5 processor
- 512 RAM, 16/32 GB storage memory
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 66 x 53.5 x 14.2 mm
- 5 megapixel main camera, VGA secondary camera
- 900 mAh battery
The Pine project was launched on Kickstarter and it has attracted numerous users.