Ever since the rumor about Apple smartwatch surfaced, everyone got crazy about these gadgets. The problem with these devices is that so far, they only serve as a complementary tools to smartphones. A company called Neptune from Montreal decided to rethink problem with Pine, a fresh smart watch that’s all in one: a cool gadget, a smartphone, a time keeper and an exquisite fashion item.
Since Pine has all these functions, you can’t really expect to be a small watch, because it’s not. But it has the merit of being an independent terminal capable of operating alone, without a smartphone. All you have to do is insert a micro Sim in it and you’re ready to have an exquisite smartphone right there, on your wrist. It’s massive 2.4-inch screen allows you to write mails, to access various apps and to make phone calls.
Neptune Pine Features:
- 2.4 inch display with a resolution of 320×240 pixels
- GSM/HMTS/HSPA+ technology
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.2 GHz Bi-coeur ARM Cortex-A5 processor
- 512 RAM, 16/32 GB storage memory
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 66 x 53.5 x 14.2 mm
- 5 megapixel main camera, VGA secondary camera
- 900 mAh battery
The Pine project was launched on Kickstarter and it has attracted numerous users.