When folks that are in charge of Amazon decided to create a new device, they wanted to use their main customer base, people who loved books and who bought books from Amazon online store. So, they’ve combined reading book with the ultimate technology available at the time (e-Ink) to create one single and innovative device: Kindle. Since then, Kindle went through few upgrades, Kindle Fire was born to compete with other tablets and Kindle Paperwhite was built with ultimate performances to lead the e-Readers pack. But Amazon knows that there is still demand for their Original Kindle, so the kept it available still at unbelievable price.
Kindle Original is so cheap, anyone can afford it! And the best part, it’s the WiFi version.
Features (from Amazon Page):Kindle — small, light, and fast
- Less than 6 ounces – lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- New darker, hand-tuned fonts for easier reading
- Reads like paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi
- Holds over 1,000 books – take your library wherever you go
- Massive book selection. Lowest prices. Over a million titles less than $9.99
- 180,000 Kindle-exclusive titles that you won’t find anywhere else, including books by best-selling authors such as Kurt Vonnegut
- Supports children’s books and includes new parental controls