Top 5 Solar Powered Gadgets
If you read this blog for some time, you know that I’m a fan of solar energy. The main reason is that solar energy is clean, green and assures the sustainability of planet Earth! Another important reason is that solar energy is FREE, and this means you will save a lot of money by using solar powered gadgets. The other day I was browsing Amazon for solar powered gadgets. So, here are my findings: my top 5 Solar Powered Gadgets:
1. Eton NSP500B Soulra XL Sound System for iPod and iPhone
Soulra XL will change the way you listen music on your iPod or your iPhone. With this amazing solar powered device you’ll be able to harness sun’s power and use it to play your favourite music.
features: (via Amazon)
- Power: 72 square inch enhanced monocrystal solar panel, rechargeable lithium ion battery pack, charges iPod and iPhone
- Protect with: Rubberized end caps and anti-glare tinted iPod chamber
- 8 speaker drivers (2x tweeter, 2x woofer, 4x passive radiator)
- 22W output with bass boost
- Remote control storage and removable gel-cushioned carrying strap
Sundanzer Solar-Powered Chest Freezer is perfect for off-grid solar homes or diligences where power system electricity is not yet available, such as cabins, hunting camps, farms, boats and other places. This solar-powered freezer provides exceptionally low energy consumption. The package requires 215 Watt solar panel, 300 Ah battery and 15 Amp charge controller.
This is great to give a little color to your room.
features (via amazon)
- Window-mount rainbow maker that casts rainbows around the room
- Solar panel powers the unit to revolve and refract light in all directions
- Genuine Swarovski crystal creates maximum rainbow effect
- Great for cheering up a room; enchanting for adults, children, and animals
- Comes with suction cup or wire hanger; measures 6 by 1 by 2 inches
MAXSA Innovations 40218 Motion-Activated Dual Head LED Security Spotlight are one of the best solar powered security lights on the market. It’s pretty easy to install, uses only solar energy and it’s gread for sheds, steps and porches. I think my grandmother would appreciate a gift like this.
5. G-SHOCK The 6900 Metallic Solar Powered Watch
I love Casio, and this water resistant watch is on my Amazon’s wish list for some time. The coolest thing about G-Shock is that is solar powered. This watch features atomic timekeeping, leading in highly precise time that can be measured on instruments. G-Shock 6900 receive thermal and electrical energy that recharges the batteries through solar panels found on the face of the watch.
I hope you like my picks. Do you know any cool solar powered gadgets? Share with us!